close
close
blog

Couple found unconscious after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in WA

A man and woman in their 50s were rushed to hospital in critical condition after being found unconscious inside their Perth home.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services says the parents were using a charcoal burner in their room to keep warm.

A couple was found unconscious after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
A couple was found unconscious after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. (9News)

“Over a long period of time they have been exposed to possible carbon monoxide poisoning,” firefighters said.

The couple’s teenage children discovered their parents unconscious in their Reddy Court home.

They called triple zero and his parents were taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.

The scene was considered so dangerous that paramedics needed ventilation before entering the home.

Emergency services were called to his home in Perth.
Emergency services were called to his home in Perth. (9News)

Concerned relatives followed the two ambulances closely to the hospital, where their teenage children now lay at their bedside.

The DFES has warned of the dangers of using charcoal as a heating device, which can cause carbon monoxide poisoning if not properly ventilated.

Related Articles

Back to top button